Next: Comments: Notes Ignored by
Up: RPM and Developers -
Previous: Other Build-related Commands
Inside the Spec File
In this chapter, we're going to cover the spec file in detail. There are a
number of different types of entries that comprise a spec file, and every
one will be documented here. The different types of entries are:
- Comments -- Human-readable notes ignored by RPM.
- Tags -- Define data.
- Scripts -- Contain commands to be executed at specific times.
- Macros -- A method of executing multiple commands easily.
- The %files list -- A list of files to be included in the
- Directives -- Used in the %files list to direct RPM to
handle certain files in a specific way.
- Conditionals -- Permit operating system- or architecture-specific
preprocessing of the spec file.
Let's start by looking at comments.
converted to HTML by Tim Riker